June 6, 2011

Busted!

I was driving home from my job at the "dream factory" when my thoughts on adventures and obscure combat rules were rudely shoved aside by some flashing blue and red lights in my rear-view mirror.

I tried to break the ice with a little humor, but that worked out pretty much as you would imagine.

Reenactment

Seriously though, I've been pulled over all across the US (because I'm a menace to society, obviously) and I have to admit that the cops here in Illinois are by far the nicest and most pleasant that I've ever encountered.  I just wish they'd stop hassling me.  This time it was because my left turn signal wasn't working.  Oh, and I wasn't wearing my seat belt while going 30mph on a city street... because I'm a rebel like that.

Oddly enough, my car was at the mechanic for 2 days last week while they worked on my turn signal and brakes.  Their electrician never made it in to the shop though, he had to go to the hospital instead.  So when I picked up my car I made an appointment to bring it back this Tuesday so the electrician could fix the signal.  Not soon enough I guess.

Oh well, it all just serves as a reminder to me.

All the world's an RPG,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
always seeking fun in spite of house rules that suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment